Prohibited activities while operating the crane
The gantry can only be operated by an employee who has the appropriate UDT qualifications. You can get them by enrolling in a crane course and passing the UDT exam. The employee must also have current health and safety training, as well as a good health condition approved by an occupational medicine doctor.
During the operation of the crane, the employee must follow the health and safety rules. Below we present the activities prohibited while operating the gantry. Otherwise, the operator may endanger his own health or life, or endanger the health or life of employees and third parties.
When operating the crane, it is prohibited to:
- operation without the necessary training and authorization
- operation of devices by unauthorized persons
- dangerous work methods that may be a threat to the employee and third parties
- using the device when it is not operational or there is a suspicion that it is not operational
- repairs of the device by persons without appropriate qualifications
- touching moving mechanisms and ropes
- lifting loads heavier than allowed
- leaving the load on the gripping device without hanging it
- storage of loads near the equipment that interferes with the operation of the winch
- moving loads over workplaces or over other people
- removing warning and information notices from the device
- use of stimulants and hazardous substances at the workplace
Detailed information related to the operation of the crane can be found in the OHS manual.
If you are interested, we invite you to the gantry course - the price and dates of the classes are presented on our website. Our UDT courses are carried out in the city of Warsaw, as well as in other cities in Poland. If you have additional questions, we are at your service.