TRAINING FOR MOUNTAINEERING WORK AND HARNESSES
Our overriding training objective when conducting mountaineering courses is to teach in the safest and most effective way possible. We provide training for those wishing to carry out any work at height. A mountaineering licence is required for this. We will train you and prepare you for the exam. With us, you will gain a height qualification while being able to take up a job as an industrial climber with an attractive salary.
CATEGORIES OF MOUNTAINEERING COURSES
We run altitude courses in several categories:
- linear access,
- building access,
- construction access with elements of linear access techniques,
- creation of belay points,
- mountaineering training with linear access techniques,
- training in evacuating people at heights,
- training on evacuating people in a confined space.
WORK AFTER APLINE COURSES
Attending the training course and becoming certified to work at heights enables you to undertake jobs such as:
- tree felling at height,
- tree pruning,
- roof repair,
- roof painting,
- window cleaning at height,
- snow clearance from roofs,
- assembly work, such as the installation of advertisements,
- and other work at height.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN MOUNTAINEERING TRAINING
Trainees obtain the necessary information on:
- health and safety requirements and legal requirements for working at height,
- characteristics of work at height,
- the risks involved in carrying out mountaineering work,
- rules for the selection, use and control of equipment,
- principles of individual and collective belaying,
- practical skills for working at height,
- rescue techniques,
- use of harnesses and other restraints,
- evacuation of people during work at height,
- creating safe belay points.
EXAM - MOUNTAINEERING TRAINING
Mountaineering training with harnesses, is completed by a competence exam. The exam is divided into a theoretical and a practical part, where trainees are required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in working at heights.
VALIDITY OF MOUNTAINEERING QUALIFICATIONS
Upon successful completion of the course and passing the examination, participants receive a certificate that entitles them to carry out mountaineering work. The authorisation is issued for a period of three years. In addition, refresher courses must be taken during this time to update one's knowledge. Once the date on the certificate has expired, the licence must be renewed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS
Trainees wishing to take part in the training course must meet a number of conditions before attending. One must:
- be at least 18 years old,
- have no health contraindications to the exercise of the profession,
- have a primary school education.
Nhe most popular questions
How long are mountaineering qualifications valid?
Entitlements are valid for 3 years from the date of issue. They must be renewed regularly.
What is the exam for the mountaineering licence?
The examination is divided into a theoretical and a practical part, where, under the supervision of a committee, the trainees demonstrate their knowledge and skills, in terms of working at height.